ad

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Raw Food Diet for Weight Loss

This question gets asked a lot, and it’s a tough one to nail down because it’s such a debatable subject. Generally speaking, the raw food diet is consists of at least 75%  raw and living foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.

When foods are heated above 116 degrees Fahrenheit it is believed that the structure of the enzymes change, destroying the enzymes that assist in digestion and absorption of food. This puts pressure on your body to supply the enzymes, depleting your energy and forcing your organs to work harder.

Raw Food Diet Benefits

The benefits of eating more raw and living foods are numerous. Just a few include:

  • Increased Energy
  • Better Absorption and Digestion of Foods
  • Reduced Cholesterol Levels
  • Reduction in Heart Disease

The raw food diet contains much less saturated fat than our standard Western diet, which is laden with salty, fried, processed and sugary items. Raw foods also contain proteins, minerals and enzymes in a form which our bodies can put to immediate use with a minimum amount of effort.

I Can’t Eat THAT Much Salad!

Even though it’s one of my favorites, I can’t eat salad every day. One of the good things about the raw food diet is that you don’t have to eat just salad. Thanks to the modernization of the world, it’s possible to get fresh fruits and vegetables year ’round now, just about anywhere you live. And the varieties have never been better, not to mention the array of organic choices we have available these days.

The Raw Percentage

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not 100% raw. I strive for 50-75% of my diet to come from raw and living foods, and most days I get there, but if I don’t, I really don’t beat myself up too badly. I know that adding more raw foods benefits me a great deal, but every once in a while I still need a slice of pizza. Hey, I’m only human!

The point is that the raw food diet is very flexible, and you don’t need to be eating 100% raw to experience the many benefits of consuming more raw foods. You need to listen to your body and do what’s right for you. The raw food diet is perfect for this.

Think of it more as a lifestyle choice rather than a diet. Try to work more raw foods slowly and gradually into your daily life until you reach a level you’re comfortable with. Trust me, you will notice a difference.

Is the Raw Diet For Everyone?

No, at least not in my opinion. While I’m sure that eating more raw foods will benefit you a great deal, particular care needs to be taken for some people, including, children, those who are anemic and also pregnant or nursing women.

class="note">In fact, before making any changes at all it’s best to have a chat with your doctor. She or he should have some sound advice for you.

In Summary

Raw foods can give you added energy, natural weight loss, and also boost your immune system. Little changes can make for big differences. It’s easy to get started, and remember, you don’t have to be 100% raw to experience eating raw benefits.

Do your research and get started today!

No comments:

Post a Comment